Stephanie St. James is the daughter of a Russian-born mother of Jewish descent & her father is of Guyanese descent and both met in Jerusalem, Israel. Her grandparents were Holocaust survivors, her grandmother Sofia Katz being one of two Jewish survivors of the entire Jewish community in Budslav, Poland & her grandfather David Kopelewicz a decorated Partisan Commander who saved the lives of hundreds of Jews during the Holocaust.
Stephanie was born in Miami, Florida and grew up in the Northern California Bay Area where she began her career in the theater at a very young age. She has been seen internationally in such productions as Oprah Winfrey presents “The Color Purple (musical)”, for which she was nominated in 2008 for the NAACP Theater Award for Best Supporting Female – Equity for her role as “Squeak”. She received the 2010 San Francisco Broadway World Fan Award for Best Leading Actress in a Musical, for her role as Mimi in Rent. In 2011 she was honored with the FREC Award by The Film Recording Entertainment Council in South Florida. Other productions include “Footloose First National Broadway Tour” in the role of “Rusty”, European Tour of “Fame” in the role of Mabel, Gary Marshall’s “Happy Days” in the role of “Lola”, just to name a few…
Stephanie St. James began her career after studying in New York City at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy, where she landed her first role.
Stephanie was seen recently on the sixth season of “Portlandia” on IFC on the First Feminist City Episode.
She has over 25 years experience of performing on the world’s stages and has even entertained the former President of the United States, Barack Obama.
Stephanie has been seen as a panelist speaker for Facebook for which she currently serves on the Small and Medium Business Council as CEO to her Business Amazing Fairytale Parties® She has appeared on television networks NBC, CW, PBS, IFC and is a published writer in USA Today.
Stephanie is married to Business Man Ari Werba. The two live part-time in the Pacific Northwest, Miami and Cuenca, Ecuador with their 2 Dogs and 2 Cats, and enjoy traveling.
- Currently: The feature film “Removed” in which Stephanie is an executive producer wins Best Feature and Best Actress at the Los Angeles Independent Film Festival. Stephanie is developing an original cartoon animated series with music, with her husband Ariel Werba entitled Ziggy Francis and Her Amazing Adventures®. For the last 3 years since they created the concept for the Ziggy Francis Project, they have been working together with their team to bring this project to fruition. Stephanie is currently the co-host of the Build Your Dream Podcast available on iTunes, with her co-host Troy Horne.
- In 2017 Stephanie co-writes the short film “End the Cycle”. Filming for End the Cycle began in November. Stephanie released three books with her husband and co-writer Ariel Werba. The book entitled “Make A Royal Fortune” became an instant Amazon Best-Seller. Her other titles include: “How to plan a wedding in 7 days” and “How to plan a perfect princess party” are available on Amazon.com.
- In 2016 Stephanie was asked to be a keynote speaker for Facebook Inc. Working together with Facebook Inc. began as an invitation to be a panelist speaker. After speaking on several panels, Facebook Inc. invited Stephanie to join the Facebook Inc. Small and Medium Business Council as a representative for Amazing Fairytale Parties®. Stephanie became a published author in USA Today and The Future of Business and Tech.
- Stephanie was the recipient of the 2015 Spirit of Sonoma Award – Nominated by the North Bay Black Chamber of Commerce.
- In 2014 Stephanie was honored to be named by the North Bay Business Journal as one of the Top 40 under 40 in Business in Northern California.
- In 2013 Stephanie launched Award Winning Children’s Entertainment Company “Amazing Fairytale Parties® LLC” – Named Northern California’s Best of the Best from 2013-2017 for Party Entertainment Company & Party Entertainer by Bay Area Parents Magazine. Amazing Fairytale has since expanded to 4 states and services thousands of clients each year.
- The Launch of The St. James Acting Studio in Miami, Florida took place in 2010 where Stephanie successfully coached clients ranging from Business Executives, Television Hosts, Actors, Singers, and Performers.
After suffering for over a decade with the painful symptoms of Endometriosis, she was officially diagnosed with the disease in 2003. To date, it is noted that she has survived six major surgeries from the disease and she went public in 2007 to raise awareness. She nearly lost her life to Endometriosis in 2012 when under going over 4 surgeries within a 2 month period & a 3-month hospital stay in NYC. When asked about that time in her life she states, “It was one of the most challenging times in my life, but I survived it and now I am fearless because of it and will do whatever I can to help others who suffer like me”. She is an advocate for woman who suffer with Endometriosis worldwide and is known as one of the first women suffering from the disease to go public. For her work with Endometriosis Awareness, she was honored as a 2012 WEGO Health Activist Award Nominee.